Sunday, 14 November 2010 00:01 Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 June 2011 09:07
Aboutus - About us
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE
NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK
1. A registered Canadian all-volunteer charity established in 1993 with a world-wide outreach with a proven track record;
3. Spearheaded the Working Case Clinical Definitions, Diagnostic & treatment Protocols for ME/CFS and FM Consensus Documents, known world-wide as the Canadian Definitions;
4. Responsible for the publishing of the definitions which led to the establishment and publishing of the ME/CFS and FM Overviews;
5. An active website with a presence on Facebook, Twitter and www.MECFSCommunitiy.com;
6. Hosts conferences and host of the 10th international IACFS/ME clinical and research conference for ME/CFS, FM and related illnesses in Ottawa on September 22nd to 25th, 2011;
7. Publishes a quarterly newsletter QUEST on medical, research and legal matters and now includes a section entitled "The Journey" dealing with issues on treatment, support and empowerment to the ME/CFS and FM communities;
8. Sends out regular email announcements of interest to contacts on its roster; andkeeps in touch with and collaborates with support Networks in Canada, the U.S.and the rest of the world;
9. Developed resource items, such as a Canada Pension Plan Disability Guide,TEACH-ME Sourcebook for Teachers and Parents, Legal Disability Manual etc.
10. Intervenes in precedent-setting court cases; and supports scientific endeavours.
An annual membership of $30.00 includes our quarterly newsletter QUEST and is open to everyone.