PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN BEFORE EXERCISE/REHABILITATION CONSIDERED
• Medical management must be optimized.
• Total illness burden must be assessed.
• Risk factors and pain generators must be determined and addressed.
• The reality of biological dysfunctions and limitations must be acknowledged.
• Activity boundaries and fluctuations must be recognized and accommodated.
• The treating doctor knows the patient best and should direct and coordinate all rehabilitative efforts, once the doctor determines the patient is in the recovery phase of ME/CFS.
• All rehabilitation personnel must be knowledgeable about ME/CFS.